Tried a new GF DF salad dressing, Olde Cape Cod Olive Oil & Basil Sun Dried Tomato. It is good, tastes like a italian dressing, quite zippy but all the kids liked it! It would make a good marinade as well. Picked it up at Haggen!
So did you plant beets and now you don’t know what to do with them? If you are like me you ate beets as a kid and were not too impressed. Well get ready to be impressed and have a taste bud party in your mouth! (That’s right, picture the lights go down, disco ball drop and the dj starts pounding the bass and this all takes place in your mouth!)
Here is what you do!
1. Wash and peel your beets
2. Put in a microwave safe bowl and put water in it to where it covers half of the beets.
3. Microwave for a min or two until they are just a little bit tender.
4. Cut them to preferred thickness, I did about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
5. Toss in bowl with Olive Oil, salt and pepper.
6. Place on BBQ on medium heat.
7. Cook until you get some black kisses on them.
Prepare your mouth for the party!
They are so good and the kids loved them too!