These hamburger buns are really easy to make and I use my Breadman bread machine to make the dough for me. We use these for our hamburger buns but they are great for any occasion. Your gluten filled friends will not notice a difference, they truly are delicious.
I made the dough in my Breadman bread machine and got the recipe from this outstanding book 125 Best Gluten-Free Bread Machine Recipes.
(I use Bob’s Redmill Products for all my fours and starches.)
1 3/4 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tbsp bread machine or instant yeast (I used Bob’s Active Dry Yeast)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup of rice milk (or your preference of dairy alternative)
1/4 vegetable oil (I have also used canola oil)
1 tsp of cider vinegar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1. In a large bowl add all your dry ingredients and mix well
2. Pour milk, oil, vinegar and eggs into bread machine pan.
3. Select the Dough Cycle on your bread machine. As the bread machine is mixing gradually add the dry ingredients scraping bottom and sides of pan with a rubber spatula. Try to incorporate all the dry ingredients within 1 to 2 minutes. Stop bread machine as soon as the kneading portion of the cycle is complete. Do not let bread machine finish the cycle.
4. Spoon 2/3 cup dough into a prepared pan. (I use English muffin rings and place them on a flat pan and spray the inside with canola oil so they don’t stick.) Smooth the tops with a moistened rubber spatula if you wish. Let rise in a warm draft free place for 30 to 45 minutes or until dough as almost doubled in volume. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of buns registers 200 on an instant read thermometer. (I have to cook them closer to 20 to 25 minutes in my oven.) If internal temp is not at 200 but tops of buns are getting brown lower them to another rack or cover the top with a layer of tin foil.
6. Remove from pan immediately and let cool completely on a rack.